How often do you distribute funds?
ShareGift Australia distributes share sale proceeds to Australian charities on an annual basis (after 30 June).
How do you select recipient charities and the level of funding?
To determine our annual funding allocation, all donated share proceeds are
aggregated and assessed by our board of directors, guided by any
recommendations we receive from our donors and participating companies. Shareholders are encouraged to nominate a recipient charity if the value of their share sale donation exceeds AUD$50.
Distributions to charities are then rounded up, taking into the account the sale value of the shares donated and the number of recommendations received for each eligible charity.
- Charities must hold Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Item 1 and have TCC status to be eligible.
- We do not accept applications for funding from charities, nor maintain a list of 'preferred' charity recipients - we are charity and cause neutral. The only way a charity can benefit from ShareGift Australia's funding is to be nominated by a donor. Please see our Charities supported for a complete list of funded charities to date.
- The ATO's Public Ancillary Funds Guidelines prohibit us passing on the exact proceeds of each share sale directly to a donor's recommended charity.
- Where a shareholder does not nominate a charity or the value of the share sale is less than AUD$50, the funds are pooled.
- Donors may also support ShareGift Australia's ongoing operations by ticking the box on the share sale donation form. We are passionate about our unique service and all donations help us continue our work.
100% of all donated share proceeds are used for charitable purposes.