I have an Issuer Sponsored holding. My securityholder reference number starts with “I”. What does this mean?
- Your shares are Issuer sponsored and have a Securityholder Reference Number (SRN).
- The SRN is typically found in the top, right-hand corner of your holding statement, starts with “I” and has 10-12 digits.
- You can now donate your shares.
I have a CHESS holding. My holder identification number as shown on share registry communications, starts with “X”. What does this mean?
- Your shares are in CHESS and are sponsored by a stockbroker or another organisation you have contracted.
- All holdings in CHESS have a Holder Identification Number (HIN).
- The HIN is typically found in the top, right-hand corner of your holding statement from ASX, starts with “X” and has 10-12 numbers.
- The details of your sponsoring participant will also appear in the top right hand corner of your statement. See Illustration 1: Sample CHESS Holding Statement below for more details.
Illustration 1: Sample CHESS Holding Statement
How do I donate my CHESS holding?
1. If your shareholding is held with one of our supporting stockbrokers:
> please complete our CHESS Holding sale donation form (participating brokers).
We will now complete the share sale donation. There is no further action required from you.
2. If your shareholding is held with a non-participating stockbroker or other participant:
> your holding needs to be converted out of CHESS. Please refer to How to convert a CHESS Holding.