To contact our Privacy Officer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address
- email address
- telephone number
- age or birth date
- profession, occupation or job title
- in relation to shares which you seek to donate to us, names of the registered holder(s) of those shares, the registered address, and the relevant shareholder reference number (SRN) or holder identification number (HIN) and name of the relevant sponsoring broker
- details of our services that you have used before or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to your enquiries
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or in our donation forms or indirectly through use of our website or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- other information you provide to our representatives or in response to our customer surveys.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our services.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website
- during conversations between you and our representatives; and
- when you complete our share donation form or make a cash donation to us.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all
- we may not be able to provide you with information about our services that you may want, including information about special promotions; and
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you and to send communications requested by you
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about our services
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our, contractors, service providers or other third parties
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of ShareGift Australia Limited and its contractors and service providers
- to provide your updated personal information to our contractors or service providers
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, stock brokers and share registries, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be $35-00. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We may ask you to put your concerns in writing in order for us to fully understand and investigate the issues you have raised. We will acknowledge any complaint within five business days of it being received and make every effort to resolve your issue within a reasonable time of us being notified.
If a complaint remains unresolved, you may apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) to have the complaint heard and determined. The Commissioner may be contacted on the privacy hotline: 02 8328 9444.
When we write to you about our decision, we will explain how you may access an external dispute resolution scheme or make a complaint to the OAIC.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our data hosting and other IT service providers, located in Ireland, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, India, Japan, South Korea, South East Asia, East Asia, Taiwan, Singapore and United States.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. We will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
ShareGift Australia Limited
12 Holtermann Street,
Crows Nest NSW 2065
T 02 8328 9444