1. Before completing a donation form, please check your donation is eligible for trading
a. The shares are held in actively trading ASX listed securities (check ASX listing here)
b. Each share parcel:
i. has a total value over AUD$2;
ii is NOT held in delisted or suspended companies; and,
iii. is NOT held in Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF)
2. Download and complete the relevant form
b. For shares held in CHESS and you are an existing client of a participant broker (JBWere, Evans & Partners or E.L. & C. Baillieu Limited): Download CHESS Holding sale donation form (participating brokers)
c. For shares held in CHESS and not with a participant broker (see above), your holding needs to be converted out of CHESS: Please follow How to convert a CHESS Holding
- You do not pay brokerage for the sale of your shares but may be liable for any capital gains tax arising from the sale depending on individual circumstances. If you are unsure, please seek advice from a licensed financial adviser and/or tax adviser who is a registered agent.
- ShareGift Australia does not provide financial advice. ShareGift Australia Limited ACN 109 549 304 is exempt from the requirement under subsection 911A(1) of the Corporations Act 2001 to hold an Australian financial services licence where the Company provides financial services in relation to the relevant activities in its capacity as trustee of ShareGift Australia.
- For guidance available here with Instructions to complete share sale donation form.